Monday, December 14, 2015

Back in Rhythm

I feel like I've been on a roll lately.  I have done a few paintings in a row that I like pretty well.  I think it has something to do with some interesting subject matter, or the time I have been putting in, or maybe it is just a re-dedication to painting.  Whatever it is, I like it.  Last week, I had a great day at Blacks just shooting photos.  I got some shots that I am excited to start working with.  So that excitement, with feeling like I just finished some pretty good paintings is nice.  Its fun to feel this way again about art.

This painting came about after I happened to run into my good friend Nathan Petty at Bigrock one day.  As we were talking, he said I could use any of his images to paint.  He has some great images, and I have painted from his shots before, and was pretty happy to work on this painting.  I love the colors, and the shapes, and the focus on the throwing lip.  Its a really fun image.  I think this shot was taken just before another shot he took that I painted and posted about back in March.  Nathan is a really talented photographer.  Please check out his work at nathanpetty.com

"Throwing Left"
Watercolor 16 x 22"

No comments:

Post a Comment