Wednesday, October 28, 2015


These are the other two paintings I did for the  hospital  in Central CA.  In my last post, I shared the first painting I did, so I thought I would share these as well.  I was so glad to finish these and turn them in.  They were all bigger than I usually paint, and were commissions.  Both those facts makes it hard for me.  I feel like I am aiming for a mark that someone else has when I am painting commissioned work.  If someone is paying for my work, I know they really like it.  But, if they pay me, and then I do the work, I am nervous they won't be happy with it when its done.  So, I want to please them, and instead of painting a good picture that I will like, I am constantly thinking if this is good enough.  I go back and forth in my mind about if I even want to do work on commission because of this very reason.  Sometimes I say I just won't do it anymore, but other times, I realize that I learn a lot, and get really far outside my comfort zone doing it.  Which is a good thing.  Mostly its when I am doing the painting, I think I won't take commissions anymore, and after, when I give them to the person who ordered them, and they love them, I think I would love to do more.  And since I just finished these, and am looking for something to paint now, I would love to do more paintings on commission.  So if anyone has something they would love to have painted, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment