Thursday, February 12, 2015

More Shorebreak

Last week I went out with my camera.  The morning started out really foggy and I was a little bummed, but decided to snap a few shots anyways.  The sun eventually came out and I was shooting for several more hours, but the shot I used for this painting ended up being my favorite one.  I was so excited when I saw the photo, and I got started painting right away.  But, after 4 days of painting, I was unsatisfied.  The progress was promising all the way through, but when I cleaned my brushes after signing my name, I was a little disappointed.  It just wasn't what I wanted.  But here it is, a few days have passed, and I look at it again, and I really like it.  Even more than I thought I would.  Funny how that happens.  The painting isn't what I started out intending to do, but even though the results are different, I am still really happy with it.  And the challenge is still there to do a watercolor painting and have it turn out the way I think it should.  I wonder if that ever happens with watercolor.  

"More Shorebreak"
Watercolor 16 x 24"

No comments:

Post a Comment