Monday, February 2, 2015

I love painting water.  It is such a challenge every time I do it.  I had this image for a while now, and it seemed so complicated with the muted colors mixed in with the colors of the setting sun.  I like how the painting turned out, but it leaves me knowing I want to further explore the way the water moves.  I love glassy water and watching the way it reflects the colors all around.   The colors from clouds or even an empty sky, or cliffs or other people in the water - whatever.  Just watching them dance around and move.  Its almost like meditating, watching it.  Pretty relaxing.  And if there are some great waves in between the time spent concentrating on the water, then that is an awesome experience.  

"Last set of the Day"
Watercolor 16 x 24"


No comments:

Post a Comment