Thursday, January 8, 2015

WindanSeas

I just noticed that I finished two little paintings of the same scene in a about a weeks worth of time.  I didn't mean to paint this same scene twice in a week, especially since I have already painted it many times before.  But, I did.  Then, I remembered that Monet painted waterlilies and haystacks over and over again.  Different lighting and times of the year.  So this is totally legitimate.  The same spot.  I love that different times of the day make different colors.  The waves and sand and shadows are always moving around.  The sky is always changing.  Sometimes there are a lot of people there, and sometimes its empty.  There is endless variety.  As long as I live in San Diego, I will probably keep going back over and over again.  I love WindanSea.



No comments:

Post a Comment