Thursday, December 4, 2014

Can I show a Painting that isn't ocean art on my Ocean Art Blog?  I did a painting from our Yosemite trip last spring.  And as soon as I was done, two of my boys, without knowing the other one also said this, exclaimed "Wow, dad, finally something that isn't from the beach."  They quickly followed up with how much they liked it and that I should do more paintings like this one.  Maybe I will.  Yosemite was great, and there were so many awesome scenes there.  Just like all the national parks.  They are beautiful and I feel lucky each time I visit one of them.   We went to Joshua Tree over Thanksgiving this year and climbed until our legs were sore.   After three days, our hands and shoes were all torn up from the boulders.  It was so fun.  I loved being there with my family, but . . . there was this clean little swell that rolled through while I was gone and I missed it.  I love the beach just a little bit more.  

There isn't enough time to paint everything I want to.  I love feeling inspired.


Yosemite
Watercolor 14 x 20"


2 comments:

  1. "Yosemite" takes me back to the time I visited the park. I was awestruck with its beauty, and your watercolor captures that beauty well.
    Jimmy Morel/Savannah, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I am glad you like the painting, and so glad you let me know. -Jesse

    ReplyDelete