Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Well, its that time of year again.  Every year, I transition from painting to life guarding in the summer, and its now summer.  This change is always a challenge for me.  I don't like putting my brushes away each spring.  I always tell myself that I'll keep painting in the summer, but that never works.  When I get home from work, I'm tired, and I haven't seen my family, and I feel selfish going to my studio to paint.  But I do find time to keep working - its just not creating new work.   This print below, it a good example.   I painted this a while ago, and I had almost forgotten about it.  Then someone thought it would look great in their newly remodeled bathroom.  So I scanned it, corrected all the values and colors in photoshop,  did some test prints to make sure it matched the original, and printed it out for its new home.  I think it looks great.  And it is a perfect print for me to transition with into this year.  For the next few months, I'll be guarding the line that these flags make - keeping the swimmers in their areas, and their heads above water.

"Checkered Flag"

No comments:

Post a Comment