Wednesday, December 19, 2012

     Since the summer ended, and I stopped life guarding for the year, my enthusiasm for painting isn't where I would like it to be.  Not only have I had a hard time staying productive, but my efforts havn't been what I would like them to be.  I just don't feel like my work is as good as it should be, or as I want it to be.  I know that sometimes I have to go through a lot of paper to finally get a good painting, and that is part of the process, but I think I should be finished with wasting time and materials by now, and that everything I do should be good.  If only that were the case.  All that being said, I have finished some paintings that I like pretty well.  So I thought I would share.

     These are of a friend and fellow lifeguard.  She was kind enough to let me take some shots of her one sunny day.  I had a great time getting the shots and then really enjoyed painting them.  And I think that shows through in the work.  The first one was purchased already, and I always take that to mean it really is a good painting - if someone likes it as much as I do.  And this is the first time I am showing the second one.  I think I should keep painting things that keep me interested.  And these do. 


"Patty"
 Watercolor 12 x 16"
Sold

"Suit Up"
Watercolor  12 x 16"
Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment