Thursday, June 28, 2012

I don't know why, but I am usually really happy with my paintings of WindanSea.  Something about the combination of elements in the scene seem to translate well with my brushes.  I wish that was the case for any subject I want to paint.  Like, I just finished a painting I have tried to do three times now, and it still isn't as good as I think it should be.  But, give me a scene from WindanSea, and it will look great.  My post just before this one also a painting from here -  two completely different paintings, but they both worked out great.  I like how low the sun is in this one, and the shadows that it is casting, and I like knowing that it is so bright, its making a killer glare on the water.  And how I can almost feel the heat on the right side of my face as I am looking towards the shack.  I love the vanilla sky, and seeing the guy running to the water for the last hour of sunlight.  But, mostly I like the space where the water rolls up on the sand.  That is one of my favorite places in the world. 


"Golden Hour"
Watercolor 14 x 20"
$750

1 comment:

  1. Now I am curious about the one you have tried to do three times....Share Jesse

    ReplyDelete