Friday, October 31, 2014

My last post was way back in April.  It is now almost November, and I finally have something new to show.  I let other things get in the way of painting, but it feels good to have my brushes wet again.  This painting might not seem new to anyone who knows my work, though.  In the past, after working as a lifeguard all summer, and not painting for a while, I have often returned to Windansea for subject matter.  I don't even realize it sometimes until the painting is done.  And the same goes for this time.  I was down there for some of the fun hurricane swells that we had at the end of this summer, and got inspired. I not only finished this painting, but I have a few more in mind I want to do.  It feels good to want to paint again.  

August Swell
Watercolor 16 x 22"

No comments:

Post a Comment